LTReikšminiai žodžiai: Archeologniai tyrinėjimai; Architektūriniai tyrinėjimai; Dominikonų vienuolynas; Domininkonų vienuolynas; Jurgis Grodzenskis; Lietuvos Didžiosios Kunigaikštystės paveldas; Seinai; Seinų bažnyčia; Švč. Mergelė Marija; Švč. Mergelės Marijos Aplankymo bažnyčia; Archeological research; Architectural research; Church of St Mary Immaculate; Dominican Monastery; Heritage of Grand Duchy of Lithuania; Holy Virgin Mary; Seinai; Seinai Church.
ENThe article presents the problems of the reconstruction of the first Church of St Mary in Seinai, which was built from 1610 to 1619. There is a detailed architectural description of the building. The very first plans of the Dominican Monastery did not survive. The oldest and the only one iconographic material are dated from the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries. It is the view of the assembly presented in the portrait of Jerzy Grodzieński, the founder of the church. The original appearance of the first church was reproduced during the archaeological and architectural research run in the 1960s. Based on the exposed relics, the researchers assumed that the shape of the building was consistent with the model shown in the portrait of Jerzy Grodzieński. It was not possible to examine the whole monastery building. The researchers from Warsaw University of Technology conducted the investigation of the walls of the building and more detailed analysis of openings in walls. [From the publication]